new site live

  • Lucas Gonze
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
      Aloha HIers, the app I've been working on since leaving Yahoo is up and
      running as of today and I figured that I ought to say hello and
      introduce it.

      The app:
      http://freshhotradio.com/

      The FAQ:
      http://freshhotradio.com/help/

      I hope you dig it.

      -Lucas Gonze
    • Burt Lum

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
          Scouring the web indeed. I go on scouting runs. Usually I start at a
          netlabel then surf around for a couple hours. It's very manual for now,
          just because nobody really indexes or links to most of this stuff.

          -L

          Burt Lum wrote:
          > Having fun with your new project. Where you getting all this music?
          > Scouring the web?
          >
          > Burt
          >
          > On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Lucas Gonze <lucas@...
          > <mailto:lucas@...>> wrote:
          >
          > Aloha HIers, the app I've been working on since leaving Yahoo is up and
          > running as of today and I figured that I ought to say hello and
          > introduce it.
          >
          > The app:
          > http://freshhotradio.com/
          >
          > The FAQ:
          > http://freshhotradio.com/help/
          >
          > I hope you dig it.
          >
          > -Lucas Gonze

        • Burt Lum
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
            Is the music you are finding podcast safe or is it whatever is out there? How are you keeping it in this alternative/indie genre?

            Burt

            Burt Lum wrote:
            > Having fun with your new project. Where you getting all this music?
            > Scouring the web?
            >
            > Burt
            >
            > On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Lucas Gonze <lucas@...
            > <mailto:lucas@...>> wrote:
            >
            > Aloha HIers, the app I've been working on since leaving Yahoo is up and
            > running as of today and I figured that I ought to say hello and
            > introduce it.
            >
            > The app:
            > http://freshhotradio.com/
            >
            > The FAQ:
            > http://freshhotradio.com/help/
            >
            > I hope you dig it.
            >
            > -Lucas Gonze

          • Lucas Gonze
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
              A lot of it is Creative Commons Non-Commercial, so podcast safe in some
              situations. Also, it should always be strictly legal on every level;
              no mashups, for example. But I deep link to the original hosts in order
              to avoid the whole issue of legality.

              The genre is a fun topic. There's basically two things going on.

              One thing is that I have a set of themes for evaluating songs -- "fun",
              "energetic", "extroverted", "insanely creative." These aren't genre
              points, they apply across all genres.

              Then I look for genres with lively net-based creative communities. So
              there's a ton of 8-bit music because that's such a healthy social scene.
              Genre-wise this means you're getting styles that have a home base on
              the web.