Byron's Guardian

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 12:28 PM
      Does any one know how Hanson became entangled in Byron's affairs?
      Hanson has been identified as a Chancery solicitor who often took care
      of wards of chancery or other orphans who had money or property but
      were without a guardian appointed by the father.
      I don't know that Mrs. Byron would know what to do when Byron became
      the Lord Byron.
      Too bad he was too young to write about those days.
      One web page didn't explain how Hanson became involved but did say
      that Hanson asked Lord Carlisle to be his official guardian.
      I wonder how different Byron's life would have been if he had been
      raised in a noble's house and taught more about rank, privilege and
      responsibility.
      For one thing if he had been raised in a nobleman's household,
      especially with other boys, he would probably have heard that all those
      who were and not heir apparent but mere heirs presumptives, had to
      endure more searching before given his seat. If so then he wouldn't
      have been so hard on Carlisle i his English Reviews ..
      I just wondered if anyone had mentioned in any book how Hanson became
      involved.

      http://www.regencyresearcher.com