Fw: [NASSR-L] CFP: Ada Lovelace Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013

      Dear Colleagues:

      Please note the CFP below for an interdisciplinary conference celebrating the achievements and legacies of Ada Lovelace.  I encourage you to share it at your discretion with colleagues in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).  Feel free to contact me off-list with any inquiries.

      Sincerely,
      Robin Hammerman

      CALL FOR PAPERS
      Celebrating the Achievements and Legacies of Ada Lovelace
      Stevens Institute of Technology, College of Arts and Letters

      An interdisciplinary conference celebrating the achievements and legacies of the poet Lord Byron's only known legitimate child, Ada Byron King, Countess of Lovelace (1815-1852), will take place at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, New Jersey) on 18 October 2013.  This conference will coincide with the week celebrating Ada Lovelace Day (15 October 2013), a global event for women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).  All aspects of the achievements and legacies of Ada Lovelace will be considered, including but not limited to:
      -Lovelace as Translator and/or Collaborator
      -Technology in the Long Nineteenth Century
      -Women in Computing: Past/Present/Future
      -Women in STEM

      -Please submit proposals or abstracts of 250-500 words by 14 June 2013 to: Robin Hammerman (rhammerm@...).