information needed from a book

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2011
      Does any one have a copy of Malcom Elwin's Noels and Milbanks correspondence?
      I came across a foot note that said that on pages 85 and 342 , there might be a reference to the custom of tying ribbons to a door knocker when a baby was born.
      If someone has the book a and can look at those two pages I would appreciate it if you would do so and let me know whether the color of the ribbons was mentioned.
      Thanks in advance.
      Nancy Mayer
      http://www.susannaives.com/nancyregencyresearcher/