Augusta's Children

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2009
      I am still trying to discover proof of when and where Augusta's children were born and baptized.
      All sources seem to have the supposed date of Elizabeth Medora's birth and I did find the report of her baptism, also found the baptismal records of George Henry and Frederick George. NO record of their births.
      However, all the lists of Augusta's children give birth dates. What is the source of these dates? Where were they found?
      I can't find any records of birth or baptism for more than half the children.
      I searched records though some of the online ancestry sites . I couldn't find any of the children except the three listed in Bottisham on the Cambridgeshire CD. I can't afford a paid membership but would take out one if I had any information about where to search for the records.
      Some of the information is from biographies of Augusta. The material is scattered and not in one place. Still no indication as to where the information was originally found.
      Did Augusta have a Family Bible which ahs been found?

      Augusta Georgiana b. 1808 , 4 November bap. London in Jan 1809 Stratton Street
      Augusta Charlotte b. 1811. 9 Feb.. Bap. Gogamog Hills
      George Henry John b. 1812, 3 June baptized 28 June Bottisham *
      Elizabeth Medora b. 1814.15 April baptized 20 May Bottisham*
      Frederick George b. 1816. 9 May baptized 3 June Bottisham*
      Amelia Marianne b. 1817 . 27 Nov. Birth
      Henry Francis b. 1820 28 Jan. B
      Nancy Mayer
      http://www.susannaives.com/nancyregencyresearcher/

    • Anne Mott
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
        Very interesting, Nancy. It seems that some of the information in bios and
        texts is merely what the courts call "hearsay". It is not admissible
        evidence. An inscribed family Bible would be nice to find.

[...]

        Internal Virus Database is out of date.
        6:01 PM