Fw: BYRON--A PETER COCHRAN BOOK

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      FROM PETER COCHRAN

      Being woken from my light slumber by the noise of foreigners celebrating beneath my window, I realised that it was January 1st 2009, and that my book was out!

      It's called "Romanticism" - and Byron and you can Add it to your Shopping Basket at

      http://www.c-s-p.org//Flyers/-Romanticism----and-Byron1-4438-0113-5.htm

      It's the first book I've written all myself - neither an edition nor a conference proceedings volume.

      It's in two parts, the first of which is designed to offend, so you may wish to avert your eyes from it - but it's over quickly. One essay from the second part - the one on Shelley - has appeared in Romanticism on the Net: but the rest, written at the same time, are new. These are on Byron's relations with Wordsworth, Keats, and so on. At a late date I added pieces on C.S.Matthews and R.C.Dallas, Lord Holland, Kinnaird and Nathan, Sheridan, and the Guicciolis.

      At £44.99 or $67.99 it seems expensive, but looking through my advance copy I was surprised at how much there is in it that's never been done, so I think it's worth it.

      Two famous men are missing, and I hope to make up for the gap this new year with another volume called Byron, Bob and Hobby-O. About time someone did.

      Anyway - Happy New Year! See you all some time during it, I hope.

      Yours

      Peter Cochran.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2009
        The Byron Society of America solicits papers for its 2009 session in Philadelphia, which will be dedicated to the theme of "Byron and the Revolutionary Spirit." Topics may include, but are not limited to: Byron as Poetic Innovator; Byron and the Greek Revolution; English Bards and Scotch Reviewers 200 years on; Rebels and Rebellion in Byron's Narrative Poetry and Drama; Byron and Nationalist movements in Ireland and Scotland (or elsewhere). Send 50-100 word abstract or completed paper to Paul Douglass (Paul.Douglass@...) by March 15, 2009.

        Nancy Mayer
        http://www.susannaives.com/nancyregencyresearcher/