Re: Teresa Guiccioli question

  • falcieri
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
      --- In Byron@yahoogroups.com, Anne Mott <byronmania@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the correction about Tita - you'd know of course!!! I
      thought he
      > was involved, too.
      >

      > Was that the Fletcher son who moved to South Africa? Doris Moore
      was able
      > to find a lot of Byroniana - including the green frogged jacket at
      Newstead
      > - from the family there.

      Hi Anne,

      Yes, I think so. There were two sons but I don't know what happened
      to the other one. There are lots of marvellous files at the British
      Library from this side of the family mostly thanks to Ethel Lega
      Weekes and a lot of bits and pieces from William Fletcher JNR from
      abroad - he certainly travelled. I have made a few visits lately to
      the British Library and have been priviledged to get up close with
      the Zambelli Papers (where the Fletcher papers reside) and John Cam
      Hobhouse's original diaries as part of my on going research. Truly
      stunning to be in the presence of such amazing documents and still so
      accessible!

      I have to get to the Bodleian next but it's more of a fortress than
      the BL!

      Regards,

      Claudia