accounts of Byron's last days

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2007

      >> http://tinyurl.com/2nxv9x
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/2mpof9

    • linroseburkard
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2007
        Nancy,
        Thanks for the great link. I never knew that about Byron's legs! But
        how could he have fought if they were really "shriveled"? Is this an
        exaggeration?
        Also, I'm enjoying looking through this book some more, "wasting" time
        I don't have! lol I love old texts like this.
        Have a great day,

        Linore

      • nmayer@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2007
          One of the accounts was of the opening of Byron's tomb in 1938-- over a hundred years after he was buried. i think that was one where the legs were described as shriveled.
          Other accounts just mention a deformity of the leg-- some say right and some say left. he walked and swam etc. and shot. he wa snot going to go into battle mano a mano but was ot be a general. On an earlier trip he did capture an enemy ship.
          More references to come.
          nancy