Re: [Byron] Byron's screen

  • Mary O Connell
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4 6:18 AM
      I'm a big fan of that virtual tour. I love the great hall.

      nancy mayer <nmayer@...> wrote:What an odd sensation it is to tour Newstead this way. It is really
      fabulous to see the rooms Byron inhabited. Looking at the rooms, I
      wonder how any movie director was so misguided as to have Byron
      presneted as a penniless pot scribbling in a cold attic in the Movie
      about Caroline Lamb. Not that I took that movie seriously. My sister
      and I nearly rolled on the floor laughing . The inacuracies and errors
      were so many and so great that it became a "camp" depiction. We had to
      alugh to keep from crying.
      Nancy

      The study is online in a
      virtual tour at

      http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/newstead/CoVirtual_Tour/frameset.htm

      ---------------------------------

    • lazarusoutcast
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10 3:47 PM
        One of my groups has a copy of the pamphlet entitled 'Lord Byron's
        Screen' by Elizabeth Stewart-Smith. It details the images found on
        the screen and its history.

        The link to the group is:

        Sign on and then go to 'Files' and then scroll down to 'Lord Byron's
        Screen'. Enjoy!

        --lazarusoutcast

        --- In Byron@yahoogroups.com, Mary O Connell <weloveyou_freddie@y...>
        wrote:
        > I'm a big fan of that virtual tour. I love the great hall.
        >
        > nancy mayer <nmayer@b...> wrote:What an odd sensation it is to tour
        Newstead this way. It is really
        > fabulous to see the rooms Byron inhabited. Looking at the rooms,
        > wonder how any movie director was so misguided as to have Byron
        > presneted as a penniless pot scribbling in a cold attic in the
        Movie
        > about Caroline Lamb. Not that I took that movie seriously. My
        sister
        > and I nearly rolled on the floor laughing . The inacuracies and
        errors
        > were so many and so great that it became a "camp" depiction. We
        had to
        > alugh to keep from crying.
        > Nancy
        >
        > The study is online in a
        > virtual tour at

        http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/newstead/CoVirtual_Tour/frameset.htm

        Service.

      • Mary O Connell
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 11 8:38 AM
          Anyone going to the Byron conference in Dublin?

          lazarusoutcast <lazarusoutcast@...> wrote:One of my groups has a copy of the pamphlet entitled 'Lord Byron's