Re: [Byron] Portugal+Letters

  • Mary O Connell
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 9, 2004
      Belated and frivolous reply but don't let the football stop you! I'm sure Luis Figo would play a great Lord Byron. By the way, anyone know a good source for letters to Byron from his major correspondants?

      emmh@... wrote:Hello Cid,

      Thanks very much for that (I remembered later that you work on Byron and
      Portugese!). I'll try to find the books. I hope to visit some day, but
      not this summer because, as I'm sure you know, the Euro 2004 football
      tournament is in Portugal, so I think I'll wait :-).

      Elizabeth
      On Friday, May 28, 2004, at 12:16 am, Cid Vale Ferreira wrote:

      > hi...
      >
      > > Have any of you Byron fans followed his footsteps in Portugal? Perhaps
      > > there is a bibliography?
      >
      > I have a book about it, in portuguese: "Lord Byron - Vida e Obra, Suas
      > Referências a Portugal", by João Paulo Freire (Mário), Lisbon, Empresa
      > Nacional de Publicidade, 1944.
      > [ ]

      > Cid

      --------------------------------
      Any list problems send to
      awoodley@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2004
        Luis Figo: Byronic hero in defeat perhaps ;-). The spirit of Byron
        certainly seemed to be with Greece Saturday (for those of you not
        following Euro 2004, Greece defeated Portugal 2-1 in the opening game).
        I'm sure Byron would have been proud, even if he probably
        wouldn't/couldn't have gone in for football :-(.

        Nice to see Greece win something. For any Portugal followers:
        commiserations - they're sure to bounce back though!

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 14, 2004
          Kick a woman when she's down!!! Was miserable in my Portugal Shirt but by the same reasoning I figured it's nice to see Greece do well. Thank you Nancy for the help with letters.

          Mary