The Secret - The Strange and Secret Marriage of Anebella Milbanke and Lord Byron

  • Anne Woodley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2001
      The Secret; The Strange and Secret Marriage of Anebella Milbanke and Lord
      Byron
      By Ashley Hay (Duffy and Snellgrove)

      Has anyone read this book? Apparently this is yet another book on the
      marriage and from the reivew. I can't tell if there is even a non-fiction or
      fictional account from the review. I think it is non-fiction as it is
      'discreetly referenced' and lots of quotes proving that Byron _was_ Medora's
      father &c., &c...

      I'd like to know if it is a good book or if it is just another book dredging
      over the same material offering nothing new, just repeating old quotes and
      re-interpreting them.

      Anne