Castle of Chillon

  • Victorianna
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi All------I wanted to tell everyone that I had taped a movie a
      couple of weeks ago. It was an adaptation of Henry James' DAISY
      MILLER. Daisy and her suitor went by boat to the Castle of Chillon in
      the film. ( This is the Castle that Byron and Shelley toured when in
      Geneva and where Byron carved his name into a pillar.) I was
      fascinated watching the film and as the couple were touring the
      castle they end up at one point on the side of the pillar where Byron
      carved his name into the stone. It was framed in metal that was
      incorporated into the stone to bring particular attention to his
      name.As the couple were leaving the Castle in the film by carriage
      they showed the Castle from a distance. I was very interesting to
      watch.
      The movie starred Cybil Shepard, who played Daisy and
      was made in the 1970"s. ---------Victorianna