FW: Adbusters Newsletter: Buy Nothing Day is Coming

  • eric.britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007
      Adbusters Cultural Creatives Newsletter

      ------------------------------------
      WWW.ADBUSTERS.ORG
      ------------------------------------

      Image removed by sender.

      Dear Jammers and Creatives,

      Our network has just passed the one-hundred-thousand member milestone and continues to grow rapidly. Welcome to all of you who have recently joined! Here at headquarters we're working on ways to leverage our collective strength, including the development of a social networking platform that will bring new dynamism to our campaigns. We'll let you know as soon as the site is ready to be tested.

      On November 23, we celebrate the fifteenth annual Buy Nothing Day. This year is going to be exceptional. The mainstream has finally woken up to the reality of the environmental crisis, and the responsibility tha lies with us, the planet's most affluent - the upper 20% that consume 80% of the world's resources. Now's our chance to do something about it.

      E-mail your ideas for making this year's Buy Nothing Day a success to bnd@.... Visit the Buy Nothing Day website: it has videos, poster downloads, info on past activities, and more. You can also join a local jammergroup through the BND forum. If there isn't anything going on in your city yet, become an organizer, post your event, and get others involved.

      We'll be in touch again shortly to let you know about further developments.

      Warm regards,

      The Adbusters Team

      Go to the BUY NOTHING DAY WEBSITE >>

      Get this from a friend? Want to join the Culture Jammers Network? Visit: <www.adbusters.org/network>