402Spreading the net for IBND

  • eric britton
    Nov 23, 2010

      Dear IBND friends,

      This is to let you know that we have just opened up a new Facebook Group literally two days nine hours and fifty minutes before the North American edition of International Buy Nothing Day 2010 kicks off --  with the thought of networking both more and better as a first organizational step to lay a more efficient program for 2011 and beyond. .

      After something like seventeen years of doing our best to support and deepen the thoughtfulness around these days -- you can check out the IBND website at http://ibuynothingday.org  -- it's a good occasion to step back and  how and indeed all the rest we are doing. The Verdict: Not bad, but not nearly well enough. We have to learn to do more than to satisfy ourselves for the moment.

      So I propose that we already start thinking about IBND 2011 in this more, better (and smarter) mode. It will be great to have your ideas and suggestions via the new FB group at http://tinyurl.com/ibnd-fb and/or via the IBND Café at http://tinyurl.com/ibnd-cafe.

      Let's see if we can together fashion some more convincing arguments for closing our purses and wallets for at least this one day, and to think about it.

      Eric Britton

      PS. There is in a fact already a lot of activity chirping on a whole rash of Facebook pages of all kinds, which you can efficiently visit via a little link we have just conjured to help you do just that - http://tinyurl.com/ibnd-all-facebook