FAUX News Can't Handle The Truth!

  • lilgeorgiehas2go
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Montel Williams Loses Job after Defending Troops on Fox News

      by Brandon Friedman
      www.dailykos.com

      For just over three minutes on Saturday morning, TV talk show host
      Montel Williams owned the hosts of Fox and Friends.. A former Marine
      and Naval officer, Montel lectured the stunned hosts on the stupidity
      of spending air time on the death of Heath Ledger, rather than
      covering the war in Iraq. It was a spectacle rarely seen on live
      cable television, as Montel exposed and condemned both tabloid "news"
      shows and much of American culture for what they have each become:
      shallow and greedy. (video at the link)

      Three minutes into this awkward segment on Fox, one host cut off
      Montel in order to go to a commercial. Montel did not return after
      the break. Four days later, after 17 years as a television host,
      Montel lost his job. Variety reported on Wednesday that the "Fate
      of "The Montel Williams Show" was sealed when key Fox-owned stations
      opted not to renew it for the 2008-09 season"

      I have no idea whether Montel already knew his show wasn't going to
      be renewed, and thus felt emboldened to cut loose on the air, or
      whether his firing was a result of his actions on Saturday. Either
      way, Montel Williams exhibited courage this week that few in the
      television industry ever will. And for that, American troops around
      the world stand with him. We support him not only because he stood
      up for the troops, but because he did it on Fox News—a station that
      has done more damage to the U.S. military since 9/11 than any other.

      Montel Williams is an American patriot. Though he left the military
      years ago, he has never forgotten "his" troops.

      For that we salute and thank you, Montel. Best of luck with whatever
      you choose to do next.

      http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/1/31/23326/1083/699/446791