Joklahoman readers don't care about wounded and disabled heroes.

  • joeyxy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      Apparently the readers of the Joklahoman believe that Congressional money
      for wounded soldiers and disabled veterans is pork. However money for no-bid and
      no oversight money to Halliburton, Kellogg, Brown and root is justified.

      I Made a mistake of reading the "Letters to the editor" this morning before
      breakfast. I lost my appetite. My wife subscribes, I don't.

      The Joklahoman (considered "the worst newspaper in America" by the Columbia
      Journalism Review, _http://archives.cjr.org/year/99/1/worst2.asp_
      (http://archives.cjr.org/year/99/1/worst2.asp) ) publishes only letters that agrees with
      their views, or rarely, a watered down opposing view.

      I'm requesting many of you write the Oklahoman and express your disgust at
      those who would discard these heroes who have given so much and now are being
      discarded because this vile administration no longer sees a use for these
      heroes. The Walter Reed debacle should have made any caring American extremely
      angry. Send letters to: _yourviews@..._
      (mailto:yourviews@...)

      Yesterday, at the Oklahoma County Democrat convention, some one told me that
      wounded and disabled, some wearing prosthesis, were sent to Iraq to keep the
      number of troops up. Knowing the past record of this administration, I
      believe the Bush administration is that uncaring.

      Joe
      -------------------
      Letters to the editor: Sunday, April 1, 2007
      _http://www.newsok.com/article/3034087/_
      (http://www.newsok.com/article/3034087/)

      Nation owes Oklahoma a ‘thank you'
      According to Google, there isn't yet a contest for "Most Admired State.”
      However, when there is, Okahoma will have received a tremendous boost of
      awareness and admiration from Portland, Ore., to Portland, Maine, from the March 23
      broadcast of "20/20” on ABC. For those who missed it, correspondent John
      Stossel reported on Oklahoma U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn's valiant efforts to reel in
      wasteful spending by members of Congress. This was amazing and uplifting stuff
      broadcast to an audience of more than 10 million.
      The nation owes the citizens of Oklahoma a resounding thank you for sending
      Coburn to Washington.

      Tom Eglinton, Brooklyn, N.Y.

      Light in darkness
      Regarding Cal Thomas' "Vote buying in Congress” (Opinion, March 27):
      Oklahomans should be very proud of U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn. He's waging an uphill
      battle in the Senate to stop "pork” from being inserted in bills with no open
      debate. It takes courage to stand in the line of fire and do the right thing. We
      should all send him a thank-you note. In a Congress that has about as much
      substance as cotton candy, Coburn is a light in the darkness.
      Aubrey J. Jackson, Hugo