2005, Drafting all Young Americans

  • Muscles
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      2005, Drafting all Young Americans

      By Lord Rago Pulse

      RagoPulse@...

      There is a military draft coming in 2005. All young Americans should be alarmed, that their life is at risk like this. The Universal Military Training and Service Act of 2001 lays the groundwork for this new draft, which could be implemented as early as March 31st, 2005, and it calls for the draft to be ready for service within a period of 75 days. Listen closely. June 15th, 2005 could be the first activation of the military draft in over 30 years. Our government has already signed a treaty with both Mexico and Canada agreeing that they will not harbor draft dodgers, and will ship them back to America to be drafted, like sheep being led to slaughter.

      I am an adolescent, nineteen years of age, who just wants to live. That is all. There are many like us all over the world, who just want to live a life, free from ignorance, free from violence, free from war. Why is this so hard? Why must there always be so much hatred, so much chaos, especially on the part of the so-called civilized world, and its leaders? Our leaders do not be able to comprehend the fact that violence and retaliation is not going to do a single thing, but inflame more violence.

      This government corruption, this fascism, must be resisted. This is a mockery of what little freedom we have left in America. This society has treated us like slaves, like robots, and we have accepted this slavery with a smile on our face. We were all brainwashed into the impossible dreams that society has placed in our heads. We have been conditioned into ignorance, into blind conformity. Our society has attempted to destroy the human spirit. Our society has made a disgrace of everything beautiful and sacred.

      Well, the tide is turning. A large number of Americans, especially youngsters, have woken up to the lies we have been fed. People are waking up, and realizing that our government and society does not have the right to tell them how to live their lives, or to blind them with ignorance. A great many people are angry. They are angry that our system has blinded so many others, and kept them content in their own ignorance. They are crying out for freedom, the freedom to simply live.

      The truth is spreading, and it cannot be stopped. The fascists in control of our society may try, but they cannot contain truth, they cannot keep the ignorant sheep of America asleep for much longer. Our government fears that the majority will awaken, and realize how they have been enslaved, both mentally and physically, and this scares them. It scares them because they fear losing their power, and only god knows what ends they might deem necessary to retain that power. Martial law seems like a very likely method. What will you do, how will you feel, when you realize that a police state has been in the making for years, and you did nothing to stop it?

      In a nation where the poor and old cannot afford health care, where the economy is falling apart, where 15 percent of people live below the poverty line, where hundreds of thousands are homeless, and where the entire mass media system is owned by six mega-media conglomerates; in a nation with the world's highest crime rate and world's largest prison population; in a nation where half of all marriages end in divorce, where 25 percent of kids under 12 live in poverty, and where the gulf between the rich and poor is growing everyday; in a nation that supports dictatorships in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey; in a nation where the government is plagued by corruption and fascism and 40 percent of the homeless are veterans; in a nation with one of the world's highest teen suicide and stress rates � you're telling me our biggest problems are terrorism and drugs?

      I beg you, members of my generation, to wake up, and to not buy into the fascism that is being fed to you as democracy. Refuse to fight, refuse to fight for the lies that have blinded you, and blinded that of your brothers. Peace is the only answer, in a world gone this mad. Violence will do nothing to solve anything. Please, wake up now. Realize the truth. Resist. A new worldwide call for freedom is being heard. Will you join in, or simply remain apathetic, until you yourself are being enslaved? The time is now.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2004
          Lord_Rago_Pulse@...

          There is a military draft coming in 2005. All young Americans should be alarmed, that
          their life is at risk like this. The Universal Military Training and Service Act of
          2001 lays the groundwork for this new draft, which could be implemented as early as
          March 31st, 2005, and it calls for the draft to be ready for service within a period
          of 75 days. Listen closely. June 15th, 2005 could be the first activation of the
          military draft in over 30 years. Our government has already signed a treaty with both
          Mexico and Canada agreeing that they will not harbor draft dodgers, and will ship them
          back to America to be drafted, like sheep being led to slaughter.
          Recently and the latest step in re-instating the military draft, Senator Chuck Hagel
          told a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing, "Why shouldn't we ask all of our
          citizens to bear some responsibility and pay some price? Those who are serving today
          and dying today are the middle class and lower middle class.� Does this not sound like
          the pre-text to the return of the feared draft?
          I am an adolescent, nineteen years of age, who just wants to live. That is all. There
          are many like us all over the world, who just want to live a life, free from
          ignorance, free from violence, free from war. Why is this so hard? Why must there
          always be so much hatred, so much chaos, especially on the part of the so-called
          civilized world, and its leaders? Our leaders do not be able to comprehend the fact
          that violence and retaliation is not going to do a single thing, but inflame more
          violence.
          Students, youth, and children alike, this is your rallying cry. This is the issue that
          involves you directly, and by that, I mean quite possibly your life. This is grave,
          and it is a matter of life and death. If you cherish your life, your freedom, then it
          is your duty to join the growing out-cry against war, and general fascism that is
          becoming more apparent in our country with each passing day. If you value your freedom
          to live, then you will not ignore this warning. You will help spread the message to
          your friends, to everyone who needs to hear this, to wake up and resist the forces of
          war.
[...]
          Realize the truth. Resist. A new worldwide call for freedom is being heard. The
          dawning of a new age is upon us. The spirits of enlightment, ecstasy, and life are
          awakening worldwide. Will you join in, or simply remain apathetic, until you yourself
          are being enslaved? The time is now.