28121PBS this weekend: "What has capitalism done for us lately?" (Moyers & Company)

  • Rick Kissell
    Mar 22, 2013

        What Has Capitalism Done for Us Lately?

      This week, Sheila Bair, the longtime Republican who chaired the FDIC during the fiscal meltdown five years ago, joins Bill to talk about American banks’ continuing risky and manipulative practices -- and their seeming immunity from prosecution. Also on the show, economist Richard Wolff returns to answer questions sent in by our viewers, diving further into the limitations of both capitalism and industry regulation, and the widening gap between a booming stock market and a population that increasingly lives in poverty.

      WATCH NOW

          Live Chat with Richard Wolff
      Wolff will answer audience questions next Tuesday, March 26. Watch Bill’s message and submit your Qs.
        Ignoring the War
      Is there a “conspiracy of silence” over the anniversary of our invasion of Iraq?
        Russ Feingold on Campaign Finance Reform
      Michael Winship speaks with the former senator about what needs to happen before America is ready for another round of reforms.   Q&A
      Don't Count on Dodd-Frank... Yet
      Economist Simon Johnson says implementation of the law's Wall Street reforms is "painfully slow" and that our financial system remains at risk.

      MORE

      Image Credit: Peter Krogh © 2012 Moyers Media. All rights reserved.

      Forward email

      BillMoyers.com | Thirteen | 825 Eighth Avenue | New York | NY | 10019