FM radio for events

  • bill keiser
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
      some of us are considering a temporary low power radio like BMIR for
      info for incoming peeps, interviews, music, whatever.
      what does ya'll think?
      billy sharpstick
    • R L
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
        Great Idea

      • Randy Groesbeck II
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
          I think it's a great idea.

          some of us are considering a temporary low power radio like BMIR for
          info for incoming peeps, interviews, music, whatever.
          what does ya'll think?
          billy sharpstick

        • DonQui of the Highlands
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
            Yep.  Very cool idea!

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
              Awesome idea. Dont know too much about it but would love to help. just took
              a class in solar system design. Maybe solar powered w/ battery backup?

              RevJack

              Marc Odden

              On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM, DonQui of the Highlands <jicesq@...>wrote:

              > Yep. Very cool idea!
              >
              > --- On Tue, 9/7/10, Randy Groesbeck II <randy@...<randy%40commkey.net>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: Randy Groesbeck II <randy@... <randy%40commkey.net>>
              > Subject: RE: [Burnt-Oranges-Events] FM radio for events
              >
              > To: Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com<Burnt-Oranges-Events%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 8:12 PM
              >

              > I think it's a great idea.

              Respectfully,

              Marc Odden
              239.321.2123
              marc.odden@...

            • liam

                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                  You should talk with Rob - he's been wanting to 'really' have ADD Radio
                  become a reality.

                  After all - he named it!

                  ;0)

                  In all seriousness though - he's done research on it.

                  hugs,
                  *bri
                  On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:45 PM, liam <liam.mccumber@...> wrote:

                  > Good idea, I'd like to help any way I can. For starters, how about a name?
                  >
                  > AIR - Afterburn Information Radio?
                  >
                  > liam
                  >
                  > On Sep 7, 2010 8:55 AM, "bill keiser" <bk2@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > some of us are considering a temporary low power radio like BMIR for
                  > info for incoming peeps, interviews, music, whatever.
                  > what does ya'll think?
                  > billy sharpstick

                • Randy Groesbeck II
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                    It’d also make it easy to make announcements camp wide if needed.

                    From: Randy Groesbeck II <randy@... <mailto:randy%40commkey.net> >
                    To: Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Burnt-Oranges-Events%40yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 8:12 PM

                    I think it's a great idea.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                      I think you should play banana phone nonstop until someone complains it is harshing their mellow..

                      ...stirring, stirring....

                      Samaya~

                      --- In Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com, bill keiser <bk2@...> wrote:

                      > some of us are considering a temporary low power radio like BMIR for
                      > info for incoming peeps, interviews, music, whatever.
                      > what does ya'll think?
                      > billy sharpstick

                    • bill keiser
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                        no dubstep will be allowed. if anyone manages to sneak any on the
                        air, it will be followed with polka.
                        bs

                        Sondra Smithling wrote:
                        > I think you should play banana phone nonstop until someone complains it is harshing their mellow..
                        >
                        > ...stirring, stirring....
                        >
                        > Samaya~

                      • Brianne
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                          Then the B-52's after ABBA's Greatest Hits....
                          I have a vision....

                          *bri

                          On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, bill keiser <bk2@...> wrote:

                          > no dubstep will be allowed. if anyone manages to sneak any on the
                          > air, it will be followed with polka.
                          > bs
                          >

                          > Sondra Smithling wrote:
                          > > I think you should play banana phone nonstop until someone complains it
                          > is harshing their mellow..
                          > >
                          > > ...stirring, stirring....
                          > >
                          > > Samaya~

                        • Marc Odden
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                            I'm hearing some Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice..... baby.

                            RevJack

                            On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...> wrote:

                            > Then the B-52's after ABBA's Greatest Hits....
                            > I have a vision....
                            >
                            > *bri
                            >
                            > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, bill keiser <bk2@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > no dubstep will be allowed. if anyone manages to sneak any on the
                            > > air, it will be followed with polka.
                            > > bs
                            > >

                            > > Sondra Smithling wrote:
                            > > > I think you should play banana phone nonstop until someone complains it
                            > > is harshing their mellow..
                            > > >
                            > > > ...stirring, stirring....
                            > > >
                            > > > Samaya~

                            Respectfully,

                            Marc Odden
                            239.321.2123
                            marc.odden@...

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                              Oooh please you're gunna make my ears bleed...no "ice ice baby!"

                              Burn like no ones watching!
                              Misstickle Maddie
                              North Port

                              I'm hearing some Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice..... baby.

                              RevJack

                              On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...> wrote:

                              > Then the B-52's after ABBA's Greatest Hits....
                              > I have a vision....
                              >
                              > *bri
                              >
                              > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, bill keiser <bk2@...> wrote:
                              >

                              > > no dubstep will be allowed. if anyone manages to sneak any on the
                              > > air, it will be followed with polka.
                              > > bs
                              > >

                              > > Sondra Smithling wrote:
                              > > > I think you should play banana phone nonstop until someone complains it
                              > > is harshing their mellow..
                              > > >
                              > > > ...stirring, stirring....
                              > > >
                              > > > Samaya~

                              Respectfully,

                              Marc Odden
                              239.321.2123
                              marc.odden@...

                            • Brianne
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                                oh yeah!

                                I wanna be Rick Rolled! ;0)

                                *bri

                                On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Marc Odden <marc.odden@...> wrote:

                                > I'm hearing some Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice..... baby.
                                >
                                > RevJack
                                >

                                > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...<serenlleuad%40gmail.com>>
                                > wrote:
                                >
                                > > Then the B-52's after ABBA's Greatest Hits....
                                > > I have a vision....
                                > >
                                > > *bri
                                > >
                                > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, bill keiser <bk2@...<bk2%40sharpstick.org>>
                                > wrote:
                                > >

                                > > > no dubstep will be allowed. if anyone manages to sneak any on the
                                > > > air, it will be followed with polka.
                                > > > bs

                                > it
                                > > > is harshing their mellow..

                                > --
                                > Respectfully,
                                >
                                > Marc Odden
                                > 239.321.2123
                                > marc.odden@... <marc.odden%40gmail.com>

                              • Marc Odden
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                                  ask and ye shall receive.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

                                  On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...> wrote:

                                  > oh yeah!
                                  >
                                  > I wanna be Rick Rolled! ;0)
                                  >
                                  > *bri
                                  >
                                  > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Marc Odden <marc.odden@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > I'm hearing some Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice..... baby.
                                  > >
                                  > > RevJack
                                  > >

                                  > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...
                                  > <serenlleuad%40gmail.com>>
                                  > > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > > Then the B-52's after ABBA's Greatest Hits....
                                  > > > I have a vision....
                                  > > >
                                  > > > *bri
                                  > > >
                                  > > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, bill keiser <bk2@...<bk2%
                                  > 40sharpstick.org>>

                                  > complains
                                  > > it

                                • Kevin Simmons
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 9, 2010
                                    um....just wonderin', ladies....

                                    listening to the words, and stylish dancing aside, is he trying to be some chick's friend she can call between bad dates with some guy who does cheat and lie? not knocking the overall asthetics of the song...he just sounds kinda chumpish.....

                                    To: Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: marc.odden@...
                                    Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 19:51:43 -0400

                                    ask and ye shall receive.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

                                    On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...> wrote:

                                    > oh yeah!
                                    >
                                    > I wanna be Rick Rolled! ;0)
                                    >
                                    > *bri
                                    >
                                    > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Marc Odden <marc.odden@...> wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > I'm hearing some Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice..... baby.
                                    > >
                                    > > RevJack
                                    > >

                                    > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...
                                    > <serenlleuad%40gmail.com>>
                                    > > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > > Then the B-52's after ABBA's Greatest Hits....
                                    > > > I have a vision....
                                    > > >
                                    > > > *bri
                                    > > >
                                    > > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, bill keiser <bk2@...<bk2%
                                    > 40sharpstick.org>>

                                    > complains
                                    > > it

                                  • Kim
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 10, 2010
                                      I wish there was a "Like" button for this, as I would repeatedly "Like", "Like",
                                      "Like" no dubstep!

                                      birdnerd

                                      ________________________________

                                      Sondra Smithling wrote:
                                      > I think you should play banana phone nonstop until someone complains it is
                                      >harshing their mellow..
                                      >
                                      > ...stirring, stirring....
                                      >
                                      > Samaya~

                                    • Samaya~
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 13, 2010
                                        Tha's cause next to you all guys are chumpish Kev!

                                        Samaya~

                                        --- In Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Simmons <kevinlsimmons@...> wrote:

                                        > um....just wonderin', ladies....
                                        >
                                        > listening to the words, and stylish dancing aside, is he trying to be some chick's friend she can call between bad dates with some guy who does cheat and lie? not knocking the overall asthetics of the song...he just sounds kinda chumpish.....

                                        > To: Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com
                                        > From: marc.odden@...
                                        > Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 19:51:43 -0400
                                        > Subject: Re: [Burnt-Oranges-Events] Re: FM radio for events
                                        >

                                        > ask and ye shall receive.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
                                        >
                                        > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...> wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > oh yeah!
                                        > >
                                        > > I wanna be Rick Rolled! ;0)
                                        > >
                                        > > *bri
                                        > >
                                        > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Marc Odden <marc.odden@...> wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > > I'm hearing some Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice..... baby.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > RevJack
                                        > > >

                                        > > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@...
                                        > > <serenlleuad%40gmail.com>>

                                        > > 40sharpstick.org>>

                                        > > complains
                                        > > > it

                                      • VJ TCI
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 13, 2010
                                          wow I just Rick Roll'D myself even after reading that last comment on here about being .... Rick Roll'D :D

                                          --- In Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com, "Samaya~" <samaya_42@...> wrote:

                                          > Tha's cause next to you all guys are chumpish Kev!
                                          >
                                          > Samaya~
                                          >
                                          > --- In Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Simmons <kevinlsimmons@> wrote:
                                          > >

                                          > > um....just wonderin', ladies....
                                          > >
                                          > > listening to the words, and stylish dancing aside, is he trying to be some chick's friend she can call between bad dates with some guy who does cheat and lie? not knocking the overall asthetics of the song...he just sounds kinda chumpish.....

                                          > > To: Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com
                                          > > From: marc.odden@
                                          > > Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 19:51:43 -0400
                                          > > Subject: Re: [Burnt-Oranges-Events] Re: FM radio for events
                                          > >

                                          > > ask and ye shall receive.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
                                          > >
                                          > > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Brianne <serenlleuad@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > > oh yeah!
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I wanna be Rick Rolled! ;0)
                                          > > >
                                          > > > *bri

                                          > > > <serenlleuad%40gmail.com>>

                                          > > > 40sharpstick.org>>

                                          > > > complains

                                        • jacktrashlives
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 16, 2010
                                            Please play polka anyway!

                                            --- In Burnt-Oranges-Events@yahoogroups.com, bill keiser <bk2@...> wrote:

                                            > no dubstep will be allowed. if anyone manages to sneak any on the
                                            > air, it will be followed with polka.
                                            > bs

                                          • K Russell Wilkins
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 16, 2010
                                              yay polka! but there should be LOTS of PSAs

                                            • bill keiser
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 16, 2010
                                                diffrent strokes, but if that's what you really want, we have some
                                                nurses who are qualified to do that.
                                                bs

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 16, 2010
                                                  There are qualifications for Polka??
                                                  Who knew!!

                                                  Polka contest??

                                                  *bri

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Sep 16, 2010
                                                    Yes, you must know how to "roll out the barrel" ....... ;)

                                                  • red rob
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Oct 10, 2010
                                                      ok, I have the 10watt mono FM transmitter and antenna now, so now we just need to do it! Attention Deficit Radio 89.1 !

                                                      A few ideas...
                                                      PSA's, this means we need people to record theme camp descriptions, read the 10 principles, "The Rules", and porta-poty pledge and get it in mp3 format. We will not be mentioning the name of the event, the location, or the legal names of any of the participants.

                                                      We should try to keep curse word or profanity off the air since we're broadcasting just outside the property lines. The idea was to only really receive the station as your coming to the exit off I-4.

                                                      A few things are still left to finalize. I want to place the antenna atop 2 4X4's secured end to end and sunk about 4 feet into the ground. Post hole digger help welcome :-) I have a 4 channel mixer and some mics and stands. You'll need to bring your own headphones. If anyone has a compressor/limiter and a headphone amp we could borrow I would be extremely grateful!

                                                      I have an ask a lawyer Q and A show, tentative. We could make it a lawyer roundtable if we get 1 or 2 more. If you have an idea for a show and a time you want to do it let me know!

                                                      I'm also interested in the 12volt solar idea!

                                                      Oh and lastly, get your ticket situation secured, this event is sold out (so, I am told!)

                                                      <end transmission>
                                                      red rob

                                                      With some pallets, plywood and tools we could built a broadcast "desk"