South Florida Burners

  • rickyd100
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2008
      Hello, Does anyone spin fire in South Florida? I only know of one
      hardcore group, Pyro Fusion. Ricky D.
    • Zonuts
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2008
        I live in SE FL. I don't spin fire (if you were to see my hand-eye
        coordination, you'd understand why I should not play with fire), but I
        love to hang out with fire-spinners, and I take pretty decent pictures
        of people who play with fire, provided I have permission, of course.

        Sharon (a.k.a. Miracle Girl when hanging out with New England burners
        at Firefly)
        --
        "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
        be normal." -- Albert Camus
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2008
          Where do you live around. I'm in Boca. I'm surprised there isn't a
          large community of fire spinners. I guess we have to get people turned
          on to it.

          I think you can get your coordination down to spin, just take baby
          steps.

          -Rick

          --- In floridapreheat@yahoogroups.com, Zonuts <zonuts@...> wrote:

          > I live in SE FL. I don't spin fire (if you were to see my hand-eye
          > coordination, you'd understand why I should not play with fire), but I
          > love to hang out with fire-spinners, and I take pretty decent pictures
          > of people who play with fire, provided I have permission, of course.
          >
          > Sharon (a.k.a. Miracle Girl when hanging out with New England burners
          > at Firefly)
          > --
          > "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
          > be normal." -- Albert Camus

        • rickyd100
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2008
            I would really like to get a half a dozen people together, with a bunch
            of fuel, good music, and burn it up. Nothing too crazy, just good
            times.

            --- In floridapreheat@yahoogroups.com, Zonuts <zonuts@...> wrote:

            > I live in SE FL. I don't spin fire (if you were to see my hand-eye
            > coordination, you'd understand why I should not play with fire), but I
            > love to hang out with fire-spinners, and I take pretty decent pictures
            > of people who play with fire, provided I have permission, of course.
            >
            > Sharon (a.k.a. Miracle Girl when hanging out with New England burners
            > at Firefly)
            > --
            > "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
            > be normal." -- Albert Camus

          • Jasmine
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 15, 2008
              where in south florida are you there are alot of us down here just a
              matter of getting us together.

              --- In floridapreheat@yahoogroups.com, "rickyd100" <rickyd100@...>
              wrote:

              > I would really like to get a half a dozen people together, with a
              bunch
              > of fuel, good music, and burn it up. Nothing too crazy, just good
              > times.
              >

              > --- In floridapreheat@yahoogroups.com, Zonuts <zonuts@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I live in SE FL. I don't spin fire (if you were to see my hand-eye
              > > coordination, you'd understand why I should not play with fire),
              but I
              > > love to hang out with fire-spinners, and I take pretty decent
              pictures
              > > of people who play with fire, provided I have permission, of
              course.

              > > Sharon (a.k.a. Miracle Girl when hanging out with New England
              burners
              > > at Firefly)
              > > --
              > > "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely
              > > be normal." -- Albert Camus

            • Zonuts
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 16, 2008
                I live in Delray Beach.

                Sharon
                --
                "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
                be normal." -- Albert Camus
              • Doug
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 17, 2008
                  Hey South Florida Burners...
                  OK, so let's get together!!!!
                  Here are THREE opportunities this week to get together for FIRE,
                  DRUMMING and COMMUNITY.

                  Thursday Night: Cruzan Rum Bar Weekly Drum Circle
                  Click on this link for more information:
                  http://drumcircle.meetup.com/278/
                  We often have 25-50 drummers, dancers and fire performers.
                  Interest in Burning Man is growing with this crowd.

                  Friday Night: Pre-Solstice Bonfire Drum & Dance Circle
                  Sunsport Gardens Family Naturist Resort, West Palm Beach.
                  Drums and FIRE all around!!!
                  I can't find a link for his. E-mail me and I will send you the invite.

                  Sunday Night: The Tequesta Drum Circle for The Winter Solstice
                  Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Ft. Lauderdale
                  More than 100 drummers plus dancers of all kinds!
                  Again, E-mail me and I will send you the invite.

                  In any case, you can always call me @ 561-598-9939

                  Happy Frickin' Holidaze!!!

                  Doug

                  --- In floridapreheat@yahoogroups.com, "Jasmine" <ladybriget@...> wrote:

                  > where in south florida are you there are alot of us down here just a
                  > matter of getting us together.

                • ricky diaz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 17, 2008
                    Doug,

                    What time does it star for Thursday and Sunday? Will there be fire performers guaranteed?

                    Thanks for the e-mail.

                    -Rick

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 18, 2008
                      Hey there Rick!

                      Tonight the drumming starts around 8 and gets rolling around 9. We
                      have to stop playing at 11 pm sharp because we are in a residential
                      neighborhood. There are two fire pits cranked all the time and the
                      atmosphere is really great. As for fire performers … I can't
                      guarantee that there will be any. They show up every so often but
                      their space is limited and the concentration is on the drumming &
                      dancing.

                      Sunday however there will be a bunch of fire performers. This
                      gathering only happens 4 times a year. I am sending you an email
                      with the info to this gathering.

                      Hope to see you there.

                      --- In floridapreheat@yahoogroups.com, ricky diaz <rickyd100@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Doug,
                      >
                      > What time does it star for Thursday and Sunday? Will there be fire
                      performers guaranteed?

                      > Thanks for the e-mail.
                      >
                      > -Rick

                    • Zonuts
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 19, 2008
                        Unfortunately, this weekend is fully scheduled for me (lots of
                        holiday/family stuff).

                        Please post about more events in South Florida after the holidays!

                        Sharon
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 6, 2009
                          When is the next solstice party?

                          -Rick