Final Florida BRC Ranger Training Announcement

  • Travels of Fatboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2011
      Black Rock Ranger Training will be held this Saturday, June 11th, 10am SHARP
      - 5pm at the Maddox Ranch.

      The training is open to all interested parties and is FREE. It is targeted
      at those people who will be returning to Burning Man this year and want to
      work as Black Rock Rangers. You should expect to be able to spend a little
      time walking around the ranch, and the rest sitting, talking, and listening.
      This is mostly new and newer rangers, so we will not be presenting any ART
      modules at this training (if you don't know what that is, don't sweat it).

      As said before, most info on Rangers and training can be found here:

      http://rangers.burningman.com/wordpress/

      You should plan on bringing the following: a chair to sit in; tasty
      beverages for during training (like water or something from Big Kahuna
      Burger); lunch or lunch money if you're going off site; tasty beverages for
      after training (your libation of choice); something to grill in case we have
      a grill; clothing for being outside in Florida during the summer, under
      shady trees (if it doesn't rain) or shady trees and a shade structure (if it
      does rain).

      If you have an FRS or GMRS or MURS radio, that would be an awesome thing to
      bring as well.

      You will get a handy-dandy Ranger Orientation Manual to peruse at your
      leisure during and after training. We will also be taking your digital photo
      so we can have your laminate ID ready on the playa.

      Again, the event will be held at Maddox Ranch, 2505 West Bella Vista Street,
      Lakeland, FL 33810. This is the same site as PreHeat and AfterBurn. There
      will be a sign telling you where to turn in (likely the residential entrance
      we DON'T use during events).

      Looking forward to seeing y'all in the dust,

      Fatboy