cartoon that racks my memory/cartoons that rock my memory

  • oldsvistacruiser
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2003
      Good evening all - I have this cartoon memory racking my brain.

      If I remember right, it may be a very late (mid-to-late 1960's) WB
      cartoon. It was set in France where this guy was upset about the
      daily parades down the main street where he lived.

      He went to several government officials in succession, where his
      schtick was singing to each official using the melody of the
      parade: "Every day the same thing: Army...Navy...Department du
      Sanitare!"

      Anyone remember this cartoon? Anyone know what it is, what it's
      titled?

      Thanks for having me in your group. WB cartoons ROCK - they're the
      only ones I can think of that could get away with giving a middle-
      finger reference back in 1942!

      In "A Tale of Two Kitties", the one cat tells the other one to "Give
      me the bird, give me the bird", and the other one breaks the 4th wall
      and says to the audience, "If the Hays Office would let me, I'd give
      him the bird!"

      Carl Stalling's music was awesome - Milt Franklyn couldn't hold a
      candle to him. Also, my loyalties as far as directors go are clearly
      to Chuck Jones, with Friz Freleng in second. Bob McKimson is dead
      last on my list. Chuck was a NUT!

      My personal motto is lifted from the end of "Rabbit's Feat" (1962,
      Chuck Jones) where Bugsy says, "Like the man says, don't take life
      too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"

      Bill
      OldsVistaCruiser
      just north of Philly
    • oldsvistacruiser
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2003
        I also remember "Rhapsody Rabbit" (I believe 1947) where Bugsy says
        something under his breath at the end where the mouse shows him up.

        I apologize to anyone made uncomfortable by this, but you can read
        Bugs' lips as he says "F***ing @$$hole!" under his breath!!!

        Don't cross that rabbit!

        Bill

        --- In BugsBunnysClubhouse@yahoogroups.com, "oldsvistacruiser"
        <OldsVistaCruiser@a...> wrote:

        > Thanks for having me in your group. WB cartoons ROCK - they're the
        > only ones I can think of that could get away with giving a middle-
        > finger reference back in 1942!
        >
        > In "A Tale of Two Kitties", the one cat tells the other one
        to "Give
        > me the bird, give me the bird", and the other one breaks the 4th
        wall
        > and says to the audience, "If the Hays Office would let me, I'd
        give
        > him the bird!"
      • bugsy_gurl14
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2003
          It was 1946, but let's not get anal. Yeah, he does say that, I'm glad
          I'm not the only one that notices it. ;)