A Genealogist's Christmas

  • szal@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2003
      A Genealogist's Christmas

      'Twas the night before Christmas and inside my house Little was
      stirring, expect my computer mouse. Our descendants were nestled all
      snug in their beds, While visions of ancestors danced in their heads.

      So I at my laptop, near trusty old printer Put the finishing touches to
      the project of winter, The gift I had promised for under the tree A
      product of love, the family genealogy.

      My table with clutter galore was aspread with pedigree charts of the
      living and dead; old yellowed photos, letter of yore,
      wills and diaries chronicling days from before.

      While other bought gifts at Wal-Mart or Sears, I'd spent my time
      searching birth dates and years. No need for ribbons or fancy gift
      wrappings, This gift had a way of transcending the trappings.

      While surveying the charts with one final proof, I must have missed the
      sound on the roof. For what to my wondering eyes did appear, But the
      jolly old elf, replete in his gear.

      Searching my face, old Santa could sense My Christmas spirit was
      extremely intense. He spied my research on the table spread out, "A
      genealogist!" he exclaimed, "That removes any doubt."

      As I climbed up the stairs feeling quite in the pink, I looked back at
      Santa and shared a sly wink, For he and I know that the gift of oneself,
      Beats anything bought from a department store shelf.

      by Sandra Devlin

      Researching: Konopa/Malecki/Skierkiewicz:Jaksice, Inowroclaw & Topola
      PL>Buffalo NY; Kuzara/Mazurek: Gruszka Duza PL>Buffalo NY & CA;
      Szalasny:Brzeszcza PL>Buffalo NY; Wenckowska: Wylatowo Moglino
      PL>Buffalo NY: Przybysz/Rutkowska:Badkowo Aleksandrow PL> Buffalo
      NY;Walas: Sulow PL>Buffalo NY; Bakowski/Antkowiak: Buffalo NY