Re: [BuffaloPolonia] Digest Number 42

  • the SF Presuttis
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
      My grandmother's sister married a Max Rutkowski, maybe around 1930, but I
      don't know anything about his family. My great-aunt and uncle Rutkowski
      lived off of Lovejoy (near Bailey) in the 1950s. They had 1 son, Max Jr.,
      who as of the 1970's lived around George Urban Blvd in Cheektowaga.

      I think Rutkowski is another common name. My ex-sister-in-law recently
      remarried a Rutkowski out on Long Island.

      Sharon
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
        the Rutkowski name is very familiar to me. i don't know if we are related or
        not. the Juchnowski family lived off of George Urban in Cheektowaga. For some
        reason those two names seem to intermingle. There also was the Nowicki Family
        related to Juchnowski. I grew up in East Buffalo. There were many
        Polish/Jewish families in that area. We were: SWITKOWSKI, WIATROWSKI,
        SZYMANSKI, DZWONIAREK, PIEROWICZ, ZIENTARA and so many others.

      • marya11875@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
          my parents moved to Dempster St. off of Bailey near William and Lovejoy.
          Ludington St. was nearby and was peopled with Polish, German and Italian
          families in the 40s and 50s-to my recollection.