Re: [BuffaloHistory] oops

  • Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
      Nice pictures,
      but I don't see where you added the addresses.

      If you use the "Add comment" facility
      to add the addresses,
      a red asterisk will appear under the picture
      to show that your comment is there.

      Thanks for the pictures.

      Jack

    • tm950@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
        Thanks Jack, I went back and added the addresses. I took about 50 pics on
        one of the last nice days we had. I put addresses on the rest of them and will
        upload them this week. However, if you all will look at the first pic
        entitled "Delaware mansion" you will notice that it's gutted with just the front left
        standing. This is on the 500 block of Delaware. Anyone know why a gutted
        mansion was left just standing??? TJ

        TJ
        <<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>> <<:::::>>

      • NHanlon102@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
          jcknmsty@... writes:
          Nice pictures,
          but I don't see where you added the addresses.
          What is the web address for these pictures?

        • Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
            I'm trying to figure out what I meant.

            Jack

          • Josephrgalvin@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004
              In a message dated 2/5/2004 2:38:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, tm950@...
              writes:
              Anyone know why a gutted
              mansion was left just standing??? TJ

              There was a fire there and the building was sold. The new owners gutted
              the building with plans for restoring the structure but it has laid idle for a
              long time now.
              The idea of gutting a building like that is actually a very good way to
              put a structure on hold over a long period of time. All the things that would
              rot and deteriorate (wood, roofing, plaster, etc.) are removed and providing a
              wind doesn't come along and blow it down, the remaining structure holds up
              against the elements quite well and restoration can be put on hold for many years
              without further damage to the building.
              That is the plan for the building on Delaware Ave. and I think the hold
              up there is money.

              Joe Galvin

            • tm950@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004
                In a message dated 2/5/2004 1:41:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                NHanlon102@... writes: What is the web address for these pictures? ~*~*~*~ it's
                http://imagesofwny.com/gallery/albums.php and I'm trying to add the rest of the
                pics this week !!! Sincerely, TJ

                TJ
                <<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>>@<<:::::>> <<:::::>>

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004

                  NHanlon102@... wrote:

                  > In a message dated 2/4/04 4:35:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  > jcknmsty@... writes:
                  > Nice pictures,
                  > but I don't see where you added the addresses.
                  > What is the web address for these pictures?
                  Jack - someone else had added pictures to a website but forgot to add the
                  addresses - which is where the oops came in. She then went back and added the
                  addresses. You wrote Nice pictures - but you didn't see the addresses.

                  I could not tell from either e-mail what site these pictures were added to
                  and was asking for a site address. sorry for the confusion. Still would like
                  the site address tho. LOL

                • NHanlon102@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004
                    In a message dated 2/5/04 3:23:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, tm950@...
                    writes:
                    and I'm trying to add the rest of the
                    pics this week !!! Sincerely, TJ

                    Thank you so much!!

                  • Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004
                      This URL should take you right to the pictures:
                      http://imagesofwny.com/gallery/contributions?&page=6

                    • NHanlon102@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 7, 2004
                        In a message dated 2/6/04 12:22:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                        jcknmsty@... writes:
                        This URL should take you right to the pictures:
                        http://imagesofwny.com/gallery/contributions?&page=6
                        Jack - Thanks so much. What a great site. I have bookmarked it!

                        Natalie Hanlon