history of Buffalo store.

  • Ann Derner
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2000
      My Great Grandfather, John G. Fischer, had a grocery store called J.G.F. Son on 1285  Michigan in 1890, 1891--Do you know if there are any photographs from this time period of this street.

      AnnDerner
      Front Royal, NY..
    • Chris Andrle
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2000
        Hi Ann,

        I've been doing research in Buffalo for a long time, but I don't think I can
        give you a definite answer. Photographs certainly exist from that time
        period but I don't recall seeing any of Michigan Avenue. I have occasionally
        seen photographs of neighborhood stores and businesses but I think often
        they are in the hands of family members. In any case, you might want to post
        your question again once we get a few more subscribers to the list.

        Chris Andrle

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2000
          Thank You, Chris