Re: Hi everyone

  • marktwain101
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2009
      Thanks for the help, but it looks like I'm back on with Heritage press. I appreciate the help, though.

      Jim

      --- In BuffaloHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Andrle" <cjandrle@...> wrote:

      > Western New York Heritage Press just recently published John W. Percy's
      > "Buffalo Niagara Connections":
      > BUFFALO-NIAGARA CONNECTIONS:
      > A New Regional History of the Niagara Link
      > By John W. Percy
      >
      > Western New York Heritage Press, Inc., is proud to announce the publication
      > of the first comprehensive history of the Niagara Frontier to appear in over
      > a half century. There is no comparable work in print. This major opus of
      > esteemed historian John Percy has been in process for almost two decades.
      > The influence of geography on the history and development of the region is a
      > persistent theme and a steady beacon in Percy's amply illustrated text. This
      > is an oversize softcover volume of 370 pages
      >

      > Another option is self-publishing via lulu.com which I believe Mike Rizzo
      > used for his book:
      >
      > Through The Mayor's Eyes
      > The Only Complete History of the Mayor's of Buffalo, New York
      > Compiled by Michael Rizzo

    • Cynthia Van Ness
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2009
        In addition to everyone else's suggestions, you can also approach Western NY Wares and Buffalo Heritage Unlimited (if these weren't the publishers that fell through):

        http://wnybooks.com/publish.html
        http://www.buffaloheritage.com/index.html

        Cynthia Van Ness, MLS, bettybarcode AT yahoo DOT com
        http://www.BuffaloResearch.com

        "I always believe that ultimately, if people are paying attention, then we get good government and good leadership. And when we get lazy, as a democracy and civically start taking shortcuts, then it results in bad government and politics." --President Barack Obama, quoted in memory of Robert N. Davis, Jr., 1955-2006