Re: [BuffaloHistory] Re: Delaware Park - boats on the lake images sought

  • Joshua Hall
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2008
      Marti ---

      Take a look at these websites:
      http://www.buffaloah.com/a/delpk/bridge/index.html
      http://www.city-buffalo.com/Home/OurCity/Buffalo_My_City/Buffalo_My_City_Watercolors

      There is another website that had historical pictures, but I think they were
      only pictures of the Buffalo Central Terminal.

      Hope this helps...

      Josh Hall

      On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Marti Gorman <marti@...> wrote:

      > John - where did you drop these photos off? BECHS? I would love to see
      > these. Thanks!
      >

      > marti2
      >
      > Marti Gorman
      >
      > 716 903 7155
      >
      > <mailto:info@... <info%40BuffaloHomecoming.com>>
      > info@... <info%40BuffaloHomecoming.com>
      >
      > www.BuffaloHomecoming.com

    • Nancy Mingus
      Message 2 of 10 , May 12, 2008
        All:

        The front and back covers of my book "Buffalo: Good Neighbors, Great
        Architecture," each have a picture of the Delaware Park Lake taken from old
        postcards. I am also pleased to say that that book has finally been
        reprinted by Arcadia and is now available again for purchase through WNY
        Wares and other sources.

        Nancy

        /\\ /|| MINGUS Nancy Blumenstalk Mingus, PMP
        / \\ /=|| ASSOCIATES, 34 Hirschfield Drive
        / \\/ || INC. Williamsville, NY 14221
        Project Management & Preservation Consulting
        (716) 632-5616 FAX: (716) 631-8564
        NBMingus at MingusInc.com http://www.mingusinc.com
        Author, Teach Yourself Project Management in 24 Hours
        Author, Buffalo: Good Neighbors, Great Architecture
        Author, MS-Publisher for Visual Learners
        Author, Houses in the US: 1821 to 1860
      • John P. Braungart
        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2008

          --- In BuffaloHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Marti Gorman" <marti@...> wrote:

          > John - where did you drop these photos off? BECHS? I would love to
          > see these. Thanks!

          > marti2
          > Marti Gorman

          Go to the home page for this group at Yahoo and on the left side of the
          screen there's a link for "Photos" (2 lines under "Post") and the file
          is stored there.
          The older photo came from an old Courier Express "Old Photo Album"
          article that I saved years ago. The newer, as stated, was a facsimile
          of an old postcard that my late mother-in-law had in her collection.
        • George T. Apfel
          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2008
            Here's a helpful link to take you right to John's Photo album "Erie
            County Photos" - the last two #57 and #58 are of the lake:

            http://tinyurl.com/6f39v8

            --- In BuffaloHistory@yahoogroups.com, "John P. Braungart"