Engine identification numbers what do they mean?

  • metalfinishart
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2010
      I bought a 2006 XB12 Buell engine to use in an older XR750 frame that I have. I will flat track race it in the super senior class.
      What I need to know is what do the engine numbers tell about the engine? Can anyone help me with what the numbers mean? I'll give the first ten numbers leaving off the last few numbers for privacy. It was hard to see the numbers so I've written two sets. TJXD37600B or it could be read TJX037600B? Any help would mean a lot to me. Thank you
    • metalfinishart
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        The numbers tell you what size the engine is and were it was bulit and what time of the year.