Buddipole Saturday

  • Chuck Graham
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2012

      Greeting fellow hams,

      A few Buddipole owners here, and others in the area, have expressed and interest in setting up a Buddipole and seeing what we can do with it.  We have picked out December 1st, Saturday at 2 pm (PST or 2200 UTC), weather permitting (Not raining).  Location is the Salvation Army parking lot at 3950 Clayton Road at West Street in Concord.  We will start about 2:30 by trying 20m 14.200-14.220 then and then move to 12m 24.940-24.950 sometime about 3:00.  Other frequencies will depend on success and daylight remaining.  If you can’t join us listen for us and reply.  I will be using an FT897D on mobile power from my Ford Hybrid SUV.

      I have a Buddipole I purchased for emergency use on HF several years ago and with my health problems never got up to really trying it.  It is now ready to go again with some added features.

      David, KI6AWR from Alameda has written an excellent guide, see attached.  If it doesn’t come through send me an email and I’ll send it direct.

      You are welcome to join us there.  Bring your own chair.

      Chuck Graham, KI6DCD (KI6DCD@...)

      EDS/SATERN Cochairman

      Salvation Army Concord Corps