Re: [BuddipoleLIVE] Successful SOTA activat ion: KØMOS on W0/FR-050 Lily Mountain & Pan orama Pk (CO)

  • Steve Galchutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 10:56 AM
      At first I thought it read "Closed due to Rapture"
      Congrats, Matt!! ...Steve/wGOAT

      On Apr 1, 2012, at 11:51 AM, dudelsack55 wrote:

      What can I say... another gorgeous day with ideal conditions for being out in the mountains. I was able to activate two SOTA summits, the third got away due to 'Raptor Closure' by the NPS :(

      That's too bad... the ascent to Needle Pk ist very steep and I wanted to wait until all the snow is gone for sure... it's gone alright but now the Raptors are already building their nests and the area is closed until July 31st.

      Decided to climb up to Gem lake instead, a 3.6 mi / 900 ft hike. At the lake you can climb up all the way to an unnamed rock with amazing views. Tons of people on this sunny week-end in the NP... but from the top they are just small ants :)

      Total of 3 summits (2 SOTA) and 12 mi/3800 ft round trip.

      Thanks to all the spotters and the numerous chasers... glad to hear that Dennis/WA2USA is back and chasing me ;)

      73, Matt / KØMOS

    • dudelsack55
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 1:40 PM
        --- In BuddipoleLIVE@yahoogroups.com, Steve Galchutt <qrp.wg0at@...> wrote:

        > At first I thought it read "Closed due to Rapture"

        You never know, maybe that was the reason.

        > Congrats, Matt!! ...Steve/wGOAT

        ditto

        Matt / K0MOS
      • bbqhamtrike