Re: [Buddhism_101] Re:HH Dalai Lama webcast - now

  • Ken/
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27 8:25 AM
      It's not too late. I just downloaded it and watched. Go to http://www.aspeninstitute.org/ . Just below the Dalai Lama banner you'll see "Watch the .mov," "Listen to the .mp3." Click on whichever you want to do.

      Ken/

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28 3:58 PM
        Hello Lorna,

        If you go to http://www.aspeninstitute.org and click on Videos you can see
        six videos of the Dalai Lama's interviews.

        JODY
      • Lorna
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29 2:28 AM
          Thanx for the update on HH the Dalai Lama's videos! They always lift my spirits, even when I can't understand them.

          Has anyone gone to a Tibetan Kagyu temple? I am going next Sunday and wondered if there was anything I needed to know. Should I call and tell them I''m visiting? Bring a present for the altar?

          Namaste,
          Lorna

          "Present day animals may have been one's kin in the past; one's own parents or relatives may be reborn as an animal; there is no logic in exempting some meats; meat is impure, it is contaminated by body wastes; the prospect of being killed spreads terror amoung animals; all meat is nothing but carrion (decaying flesh); eating meat makes the consumer cruel and sensual; man is not a carnivore by nature."Shakyamuni Buddha in the Lankavatara Sutra