Re: [Buddhism_101] Do I have to return to my family to be happy?

  • Steve Serfass
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      I hope this doesn't sound cleche, but after years of being in a 12 step program, one of the things that has been driven into my mind is "no one can MAKE you feel anything" They might set up the conditions to set that train of thought in motion, but it's up to you to see through to the truth. It might be a good excercise to be around them, every thing that happens I can use it to learn about myself, or I can fall back into the same old traps, which is what often happens and then whoop up on myself for doing that again too. What's better, or worse anyway? More money? More children? a mortgage?More More More. It all goes south anyway, everything. The only thing there is clinging to it.