Symbiotic Sympathy!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Friends:

      Maintain this Buddhist Wish of Noble Sympathy:

      May I be happy, may I maintain my happiness and live without any trace of enmity.
      May all beings be successful and happy: May they be of joyful mind, all beings that
      breathe & have life, whether they are weak or strong, tiny or huge, visible or invisible,
      near or far away, born or to be born, let all beings enjoy safety, content ease & bliss.
      Let no one deceive another, let no one be harsh in speech, let no one by anger or hatred
      wish ill to his neighbour. Even as a mother, at the risk of her life, guards and protects
      her only child, so with a boundless heart of compassion, I venerate all living beings by
      permeating the entire universe with sympathy, above, beneath and all around without limit,
      immeasurable & endless. Thus I cultivate an infinite goodwill toward this whole world.
      Standing or walking, sitting or lying down, during all my waking hours I treasure this thought
      that this very way of caring is the Noblest in the whole wide world.
      Thus shall I, by stilling pointless discussions & controversies, by acting blamelessly,
      be gifted with tranquillity & true insight. Thus shall I subdue the urge for sense-pleasure,
      and never again know rebirth. May this also inspire & thereby cause all other sentient
      beings to fulfil the conditions leading swiftly to Nibbana.
      May all sentient beings be thus utterly liberated & completely released from suffering.
      May all sentient beings thus escape the dangers of ageing, disease, and death.

      Friendship is the Greatest *
      Bhikkhu Samahita * Sri Lanka :-)
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net
      http://groups.google.com/group/Buddha-Direct