Re: [Buddhism_101] Your interpretation of The Katuviya Sutta [was post 9090]

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
      Normand,

      As I wrote to you in a private e-mail on 12 November 2007, I "...compliment you on your English. You express yourself very well in English -- much better than I could ever hope to speak, much less write, in French." By the way, I'm one of the few (seulement?) people who flies le drapeau tricolore a le jour de la Fête Nationale de la France chaque 14 Juillet (see how badly I do?!). So, misunderstandings are well understood.

      No one, especially myself, would ever think of anyone as a yokum much less a Frenchman (mais un Anglais peut-être).

      No idea how the accent marks will appear when you see this. Anyway, I'm glad that cleared things up a bit. Bonne Année (not sure if that's quite right either). Happy New Year!

      May all be at peace.

      John

      He should not kill a living being,
      nor cause it to be killed,
      nor should he incite another to kill.
      Do not injure any being, either strong or weak, in the world.
      (Sutta Nipata II,14)