Overpowering obsession with Form & Flesch!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2007
      Numerical Sayings - Ańguttara Nikāya I [1-2]

      Form - Rūpa

      The Obsessed Mind - CittaPariyādāna

      This have I heard: On one occasion the Blessed One was living near Savatthi, in Jeta's park, staying in Anathapindika's monastery. There indeed the Exalted One called upon the Bhikkhus: 'Bhikkhus!'. 'Venerable Sir!' answered the Bhikkhus. The Blessed One then explained this:
      Bhikkhus, I see no other single form, that even so keeps captivating a man's mind as the form of a woman. The male mind, Bhikkhus, remains obsessed with the female form.
      Bhikkhus, I perceive no other single sound, that even so remains entrancing a man's mind as the sound of a woman. The male mind, Bhikkhus, remains overwhelmed by the female voice.
      Bhikkhus, I know of no other single smell, that even so persists tempting a man's mind as the fragrance of a woman. The male mind, Bhikkhus, remains enslaved by the female scent.
      Bhikkhus, I cannot think of any other single taste, that even so continues to entice a man's mind as the flavour of a woman. The male mind, Bhikkhus, remains ensnared by the female savour.
      Bhikkhus, I cannot comprehend any other single touch, that even so keeps overpowering a man's mind as the soft touch of a woman. The male mind, Bhikkhus, remains addicted to the female sensation.
      Bhikkhus, I see no other single form, that even so keeps captivating a woman's mind as the form of a man. The female mind, Bhikkhus, remains obsessed with the male form.
      Bhikkhus, I perceive no other single sound, that even so remains entrancing a woman's mind as the sound of a man. The female mind, Bhikkhus, remains dominated by the male voice.
      Bhikkhus, I know of no other single smell, that even so persists tempting a woman's mind as the fragrance of a man. The female mind, Bhikkhus, remains enslaved by the male scent.
      Bhikkhus, I cannot think of any other single taste that even so continues to entice a woman's mind as the flavour of a man. The female mind, Bhikkhus, remains ensnared by the male savour.
      Bhikkhus, I comprehend no other single touch, that even so keeps overpowering a woman's mind as the touch of a man. The female mind, Bhikkhus, remains addicted to the male sensation.

      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/Canon/Sutta/AN/AN.I.1-2.html

      Comments:
      No wonder that the porn industry is blooming!
      Addiction to Sex is a comic monkey-business…

      Friendship is the Greatest :-)
      Bhikkhu Samahita * Sri Lanka *
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net
      http://groups.google.com/group/Buddha-Direct
      <http://groups.google.com/group/What_Buddha_Said> http://groups.google.com/group/What_Buddha_Said

    • jake Dyck
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
        And I thought it was just me.

        Bhikkhu Samahita <bhikkhu0@...> wrote:

        Numerical Sayings - Ańguttara Nikāya I [1-2]

        Form - RÅ«pa

[...]

        __S,_.___ Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
        Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database

        Recent Activity

        4
        New Members

        Visit Your Group