Re: [Buddhism_101] Vegetarianism/Nonsense.

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
      Jeremy,

      There's no reason for you to apologize for your "test" of this group.
      Everything, every question we are asked, can be understood as a test.
      Someone might offer me a hundred dollars to do something, perhaps
      trivially illegal, perhaps mildly unethical. Is it a test, perhaps the
      police or mafia seeking to entrap me? Or is the offer genuine and so a
      really nice, quick way to make a hundred bucks? Do we seek to find out
      whether it is entrapment, a test? No. We do (or say) what we believe
      is best. Whether it is a test or not doesn't matter. If I'm walking
      down the sidewalk eating an apple and a truck goes by spurting grit
      which seconds later I can see on the flesh of my apple, is this a test.
      Most likely not. But, yes, we could see it this way. Everything can
      be a test. But nothing need be a test.

      And, Jeremy, are you saying that you don't believe in rebirth or
      afterlife? Or are you saying that you believe that they can't be possible?

      --
      "Genius might be described as a supreme capacity for getting its
      possessors into trouble of all kinds."