Re: [Buddhism_101] I need your help!

  • sirainbw@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2006
      I have been though major depression too, I know how you feel. What ended up working for me was handing my life over to a higher power. The monks at the Buddhist Center I attend told me to say Mantra's whenever I felt sad, scared, alone, ect... This has changed my life!
      Green Tara - om tara tuttara ture soha
      Avalokittishvara - om mani peme hum
      Shakyamuni - om muni muni maha muni soha
      Medicine Buddha - taya ta om bekhenze bekhenze maha bekhenze radze samudgete soha
      If you need help saying them you can look up Manta's on line and sometimes you can listen to them. Let me know if you need more help(sirainbw@...)

      :)Sara :)

      -- "samchile" <samchile@...> wrote:

      I am living under a huge depression. I am so sad, My Soulmate is
      leaving me. I started drinking and smoking. I even have sometimes
      suicidal thoughts. Yes, I'vee to to Psichiatrist, pills...but I feel
      worse. PLEASE, send me your Divine Energy , Prayers and anything that
      in your Heart think might save me!

      SAM
      Johnson City, TN-USA

    • Bigblumarble@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2006
        Sam,
        I could honestly say that everyone could say that they felt heavy depression
        and even fear at different stages in their lives.
        It can be risky putting all your emotions into another person, because when
        they are gone, you can feel like you have lost a tremendous part of yourself.
        I think Buddhism is good in that it can give you an opportunity to reflect
        upon yourself, see what areas you can change for the better, and by changing,
        you become a more satisfied person, because you are dealing with what is
        causes you suffering.
        Also, in my youth, alcohol and other stuff only seemed to cloud the
        situation and make matters worse.
        Luckily, everything is temporary and changing in the scheme of things.
        Sean

        "Do all the good you can,
        By all the means you can,
        In all the ways you can,