swastika mark in Tibetan buddhism

  • naohito
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2006
      Hi,all .I have thought for long times that the swastika meant the
      movement of the sun.But recently I found that the swastika symbolize
      movement of a nebula.
      By the way,there are two types of swastika,that is "right
      turn"and"left turn" What have each types of swastika meant in the
      tradition of Tibetan buddhism?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2006
        Good morning, Naohito,

        Two sites you may want to view that explain the use of the swastika in
        Buddhism:

        http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm

        http://members.porchlight.ca/blackdog/swastika.htm

        Hope this is of some help.