Right On !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      Friends:

      Are you Fully Aware and Clearly Comprehending ?

      The Blessed Buddha once said:
      Bhikkhus, a Bhikkhu should dwell fully aware and clearly comprehending.
      This is our instruction to you. And how is a Bhikkhu fully aware?
      When a Bhikkhu continuously contemplates:

      1: The Body as an Accumulation...
      2: The Feeling as a Sensation...
      3: The Mind as a Mood...
      4: The Phenomenon as a Mental State..

      while always acutely alert & clearly comprehending, he thereby removes
      any urge, envy, jealousy, frustration & discontent rooted in this world...
      In exactly this way is a Bhikkhu fully aware!
      And how is a Bhikkhu clearly comprehending? Here the Bhikkhu notes,
      understands & observes Feelings as they arise, remain present, and as
      these feelings pass away. He also notes, understands and observes any
      Thought as it arises, remains present, and as the thought passes away.
      He additionally notes, understands and observes any Perception as it
      arises, remains present, and as this experience instantly passes away...
      In exactly this way is a Bhikkhu clearly comprehending! Bhikkhus, any
      Bhikkhu should dwell fully aware and clearly comprehending !!!
      This is our instruction to you ...

      Source of reference (edited extract):
      The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya.
      Book [V: 180-1] 47 The Foundations of Awareness: 35 Aware..

      Details On Foundations of Awareness (Sati):
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/What_is_Right_Awareness.htm
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Awareness_Sati.htm
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/Clear_Comprehension.htm

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

      Bhikkhu Samahita, Ceylon.
      Friendship is the Greatest ...
      Composed for the purpose of
      Gladdening Good People!

      http://What-Buddha-Said.net
      Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.