Crucial Foundation !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2006
      Friends:

      What is the Essential Foundation of Mental Purity ?

      The Blessed Buddha once said:
      Bhikkhus, there are these Four Foundations of Awareness. What four?
      When a Bhikkhu keenly contemplates:

      1: The formation within all Body...
      2: The sensation within all Feeling...
      3: The mentation within all Mind...
      4: The discrete states within all Phenomena..

      while always acutely aware & clearly comprehending, he thereby removes
      any urge, envy, jealousy, frustration and discontent rooted in this world...
      These are the Four Foundations of Awareness...

      Source of reference (edited extract):
      The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya.
      Book [V: 173-4] 47 The Foundations of Awareness: 24 Simple..

      Details On Foundations of Awareness (Sati):
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/What_is_Right_Awareness.htm
      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Awareness_Sati.htm

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

      Bhikkhu Samahita, Ceylon.
      Friendship is the Greatest ...
      Composed for the purpose of Gladdening Good People!

      http://What-Buddha-Said.net
      Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.