Falling Upwards ... !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006

      Friends:

      Inclining, sloping, bending & falling towards Enlightenment!

      The Blessed Buddha once said:
      Bhikkhus, just as all the rafters in a peaked house slant, slope, tilt, tend, veer &
      incline towards the roof top, even so, when any bhikkhu begins to train, develop &
      cultivate the Seven Links to Awakening, then he indeed slants, slopes, tilts, tends,
      inclines & veers towards Nibbāna... Why and how is this convergence so?
      When, friends, a Bhikkhu trains, develops, expands, consolidates & refines:

      1: The Awareness Link to Awakening.
      2: The Investigation Link to Awakening.
      3: The Energy Link to Awakening.
      4: The Joy Link to Awakening.
      5: The Tranquillity to Awakening.
      6: The Concentration Link to Awakening.
      7: The Equanimity Link to Awakening.

          based upon seclusion, disillusion, and ceasing, maturing & culminating in release,
          then these Seven Links to Awakening and the repeated training of them, in & by
          themselves, make him slant, slope, tilt, tend,
      veer and incline towards Nibbāna...

      Source (edited extract):
      The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya. Book
      [V: 75-6] section 46: The Links.7: The Peaked House....

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

      Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!
      Bowing Bhikkhu

       http://What-Buddha-Said.net
       Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.