Where Is Everyone?

  • HeartwingsPapillons
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2003
      I thought it would be nice if we let each other know where in the world we are and perhaps a bit more about ourselves as well!  The list seems to be coming alive and that is great and I see we have some very knowledgeable people and newcomers as well.  I have greatly enjoyed and learned from recent posts.

      I am in Maryland, USA and I am a member of the Vikatadamshtri Center in Baltimore www.meditationinmaryland.org which is a Tibetan Mahayana organization based upon the New Kadampa Tradition and our spiritual leader is Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.  I have considered myself a Buddhist for about 30 years and drifted here and there and, eventually, the books of HH the Dalai Lama led me to Tibetan Buddhism.  My interest has grown and I started attending classes at the Vikatadamshtri Center a year or two ago and this was a very positive step!  I don't know much, but I have the desire to learn and grow and follow the path.

      I work as a dog trainer specializing in service dogs for the hearing impaired, and I compete with my own dogs at dog shows and obedience trials in the mid Atlantic area and I am a volunteer foster mom for a dog rescue organization- somehow I relate better to animals than to people I guess.  I also do some work as a medical translator, but that is not what I truly enjoy.  I enjoy collecting Asian dolls, mostly from Japan and India, and I like to draw, needlepoint and make temari (Japanese thread balls) and most anything else that lets the creative juices flow LOL!  I read as much as I can and I am a quiet person that pretty much keeps to myself.

      OK, let's hear from the rest of you!

      Susan
      Heartwings Papillons - Nightmagic Dobermans
      and a Japanese Chin

      Saralissa Scarlet Nightmagic UD, CGC  "Sara"  (Rainbow Bridge 12-26-01)
      Dare To Be Anubis Nightmagic CD, CGC  "Anubis"
      Ch Cilloette Freezomint UD, CGC  "Mickey"
      Skorr's Belmont UD, CGC  "Belmont"
      Cilloette Count Me In UD, CGC  "Ian Andrew"
      Tatiana Of Soleil CDX, CGC  "Tiana"  (Rainbow Bridge 06/05/02)
      Ch Cdynasty-Heartwings Soleil CD, CGC  "Sunny"
      Echodale Poppin Fresh CD, CGC "Poppin"
      Cdynasty-Heartwings Etoile CGC "Twinkle"  (pointed)
      Cdynasty-Heartwings Jr. Mint CGC "Tristan Daniel"
      Rescue Macy at Heartwings CD,  CGC "Macy"
    • Angelhugs

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2003

          Hi Everyone,

          My name is Sonia and I am totally new to all of this but eager to learn.  I have started a Sunday meditation group  and love it ,I’m not sure what lineage I will practice.  I am reading books and will be going to the Power of Compassion Friday night here in Encinitas California. Hopefully this will give me an insight of Buddhism.  I live in Del Mar, California which is 20 minutes from San Diego. If any of you have suggestion or books you think I should read please let me know.

          Looking forward to your responses.

          Big Love,

          Sonia