Re: Tibetan Pure Land Buddhism?

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2003
      Hi Peter and All!

      Peter, I think you are right, in that I will have to "color outside
      the Shinshu lines" in order to accommodate my devotion to Kannon
      (i.e., Kwan Yin, Chenrezig, Avalokitesvara, Arya Tara(?))while still
      practicing the Jodo Shinshu Pure Land path! Thanks to the group, and
      especially to you Peter for helping me to realize it!

      Namu Amida Butsu!
      Namu Kannon Bosatsu!

      Mark

      > But if you are willing to color outside the Shinshu lines and
      > entertain that some self-power is essential to connecting with
      Other
      > Power, then things like Chenrezig or Tara practice would seem to be
      > along your/our lines.
      >
      > Best,
      > Peter
    • Ryk Tompkins
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23, 2003
        New to group, will introduce myself when time permits-hopefully by the end
        of week. As to tibetan Pure Land practice, there are several Pureland
        schools, one monastery of such located in the Los Angeles area. I also
        started in Jodo Shinshu, which I adore, but do the Amitabha powa and also
        attend a zen sitting on Sundays. I ascribe legitamacy to all practices, and
        choose from the practical aspect of what I need and the amount of time I
        have to practice. As to Tantric Pure Land, a web search will put you in
        touch with the details.

        Drudche