Re: somet things to think about

  • Blossom
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2006
      Nan, You went to Thialand? Please tell me some of the experience!
      ~Blossom~--- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "nancy lemke"
      <richardlemke@...> wrote:

      > blossom,,,thanks, i appreciate your kindness. we are all brothers
      > and sisters and we must show compassion in order to survive. one
      > day in thailand and i will never forget the compassionate feeling
      > that still is with me. i try! namaste, nan
      >
      > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "Blossom" <pinkmudblossom@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > If you don't mind my interjecting here, I'd like to say I
      applaud
      > > your effort to end this on-line "disagreement", Nan. I can see
      > that
      > > you made several peaceful attempts to do so. Let's get on with
      > > discussing something positive!! Thanks for the compassion you've
      > > shown here. ~Blossom~--- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "nancy
      > > lemke" <richardlemke@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > ---
      > > > well sweetie, i think the best thing to do now is let this
      > > go...you
      > > > not only have critized leshe but now me also. not going any
      > > further
      > > > w/any of this. namaste, nan

      > > <richardlemke@>

      > all
      > > > have
      > > > info
      > > for.
      > or
      > > > not
      > > > info
      > > wrong.
      > > let's
      > > for
      > nan

      > > > another
      > it's
      > > > own
      > > anyone
      > all
      > > > know
      > > > writing

      > interpret
      > > > them
      > and
      > > > verbal
      so
      > > how

      > > you
      > > someone's

    • nancy lemke
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2006
        blossom,,,yes, my husband and i went to thailand for 2 weeks last
        oct. what a trip! we visited many temples and saw the northern
        part of the country. also, went over the mai cong river to Laos for
        an afternoon. the country is so beautiful w/rice fields, ox and
        cart and BMW on the road. i arranged to meet w/a buddhist friend in
        chaing mai and we had lunch. he works w/HIV families in education
        and works in asia but is based in chaing mai. originally from
        australia. he arranged for a taxie for us for the afternoon to go
        anywhere we wanted for $7 and also arranged for a monk chat w/a
        friend of his. my friend is a monk working as a layman. so, off we
        went and saw the city.....street markets, etc. and ended up meeting
        his monk friend for an hour w/him. he is 26 and just so adorable. i
        wanted to hug him sooooo bad but that isn't proper. he answered so
        many of my quesions. i also received blessings at 2 different
        temples from older monks. a real highlight. we were in bangkok,
        chaing rai, chaing mai, laos,hua hin(beach town) and all in
        between. went up into the hills to see the hill tribes. ate the
        best food in the world i think. hahah our hotels were lovely also.
        walked thru the night markets buying things for almost $0 we just
        had a wonderful time. it cost us about $2500 for both of us to
        go..including airfare, hotels and tours. worth every penny and i
        would go back in a heartbeat.