Re: [Buddhism_101] new

  • kaeinga@charter.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I'm new here, too! I've meditated for a long time, but have been increasingly drawn to buddhism, and I'm looking forward to learning more :)

      Kristen
    • Jay Allen
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
        On 3/1/06, kaeinga@... <kaeinga@...> wrote:
        Hi everyone,

        I'm new here, too! I've meditated for a long time, but have been increasingly drawn to buddhism, and I'm looking forward to learning more :)

        Kristen

        Welcome, Kirsten and Rachel!

        -J-

        --
        Jay Allen

        If there is one thing that will cause you the greatest harm you could ever experience in samsara, it is the anger within your own mind.

                - H.E. Deshung Rinpoche III
      • R P
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
          Thanks Sarah!

          Sarah D <dharma_essence@...> wrote:
          Hi Rachel, I'm fairly new myself.  Lots of good people here.  If you have questions, you'll get answers!  :-)

          Sarah D

          crttpeters <crttpeters@...> wrote:
          HI I am new.  I am a long time student of meditation and a new student
          of buddhism.  Glad I found a group that could maybe help decifer some
          of the wording in some books I have been reading hopefully.  Anyway,
          looking forward to meeting you all.
          Rachel

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • nancy lemke
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2006
            i see by our log that we have 7 new members...welcome aboard. things
            are quiet right now but we do come alive once in awhile. hahah
            namaste, nan
          • Sean Lukens
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 28, 2006
              Hi, Nan, and others,

              I joined not too long ago, and initially had many helpful responses, both group and off-list, to some practice questions I had.

              I have been a bit busy with starting a new job, but I will jump in now and agin with some questions and thoughts. Actually, probably more questions than specific thoughts :-)

              With metta to all,

              Sean

            • dechensonam72
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2008
                hello i am rekatively new to the study of Buddhism. It has been on the
                periphery of my life since i was a child and i keep coming back to it.
                I feel it is time to get serious. I would love to connect with people
                who are feeling the same. I'm not sure where to begin and would love
                some input of other peoples experiences.

                peace and happiness to all
              • olliewest35
                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2012
                  hello i am new to your group and looking foward to learnig more and applying thes teachings to my life
                • EllisN
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 6, 2012
                    Welcome! Hope this will be a good place for you. There is lots of info under "files".

                    Ellis Nelson
                    Into the Land of Snows (YA)
                    www.ellisnelson.com