RE: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

  • Namdrol Tsepal
    Message 1 of 921 , Feb 6 1:20 AM
      O love, O pure deep love, be here, be now
      Be all; worlds dissolve into your stainless endless radiance,
      Frail living leaves burn with you brighter than cold stars:
      Make me your servant, your breath, your core.

      RUMI

      The Buddha summons us to a different kind of doubt, �like analyzing gold,
      scorching, cutting and rubbing it to test its purity.� For this form of
      doubt really exposes us to the truth if we follow it to the end, but we have
      neither the insight, the courage, nor the training. We have been schooled in
      a sterile addiction to contradiction that has robbed us repeatedly of all
      real openness to any more expansive and ennobling truth.

      In the place of our contemporary nihilistic form of doubt I would ask you to
      put what I call a �noble doubt,� the kind that is an integral part of the
      path toward enlightenment. The vast truth of the mystical teachings handed
      down to us is not something that our endangered world can afford to dismiss.
      Instead of doubting them, why don�t we doubt ourselves: our ignorance, our
      assumption that we understand everything already, our grasping and evasion,
      our passion for so-called explanations of reality that have about them
      nothing of the awe-inspiring and all-encompassing wisdom of what the
      masters, the messengers of Reality, have told us?

      Sogyal Rinpoche
    • Analine Tsepal
      Message 921 of 921 , Aug 6, 2011

        SHANTIDEVA