The Internal Transience

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005

      Friends:

      The Internal Sensors are Fragile, Decaying and Vanishing!

      At Savatthi The Blessed Buddha said this:
      Bhikkhus, the eye is impermanent! What is impermanent is suffering!
      What is suffering is no-self! What is no-self should be seen as it
      really is with correct, true and realistic understanding thus:
      This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self...
      The ear is impermanent.... The nose is impermanent....
      The tongue is impermanent.... The body is impermanent....
      The mind is impermanent. What is impermanent is really suffering...
      What is suffering is no-self. What is no-self should be seen as it
      really is with correct, true and realistic understanding thus:
      This is neither me nor mine, this I am not, this is not my or any self!
      Seeing this, bhikkhus, any educated noble disciple is disgusted with
      the eye, the ear, the nose, the tongue, the body, and with the mind...
      The experience of this disgust, brings disillusion & disenchantment!!!
      Through this disillusion, the mind is all released! When it is liberated,
      then there appears the assurance: 'This mind is freed' & one instantly
      understands: Rebirth is now ended, this Noble Life is fully concluded,
      done is what should be done, there is no state beyond this...

      Source:
      The Grouped Sayings by the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya. IV 1-2
      The group on the 6 Senses
      35:1 The Internal as Impermanent...
      http://www.pariyatti.com/book.cgi?prod_id=948507
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/canon/samyutta/index.html

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

       Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

      http://www.What-Buddha-Said.org/
       Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.