how to find a good teacher and or how to figure out the different schools

  • sara porter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello, i just joined and was wondering if anyone could give me some
      tips. I have been looking into Buddahism for about a year now, reading
      books and such, and have become very interested in learning more. To
      do so I know that it will mean finding a teacher, but with all the
      different schools or traditions, I get confused. Also, since I have no
      background in Buddahism there is nothing for me to pull from in
      regaurds to the creditablity of the temple, teacher or school. I have
      read many times that we are to take responsibilty for our own path to
      enlightenment, so the selection of a teacher and tradition is very
      important. This is all new terrority for me, so any insight would be
      great.

      zony