Re: [Buddhism_101] Re: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

  • Ken/
    Message 1 of 921 , Sep 7, 2005
      --- Kraig Mottar <kraig.mottar@...> wrote:

      > Is this reincarnation you havee described?

      Rebirth

      > When I said mind I meant one beings mind.

      OK

      > Is a Lams a human being?

      Lama is Tibetan for Guru. Try a google search. There
      are many western Lamas, now, also. These people spend
      their lives in the study and practice of the Dharma.
      If your karma is good, in this respect, you will meet
      one. If it is very good, you'll be able to sit at the
      feet of one and receive his/her teachings and
      blessings.

      > What is a Bardo?

      The inbetween stae, between death and rebirth.

      > What are hungry ghosts?

      The hungry ghost realm is a ghostly plane of existance
      where the inhabitants have enourmous stomachs and very
      small mouths so that they are alway hungry. Greed and
      gluttony are often causes to be reborn there. Is it a
      real place? It sounds plausable. Remember, karma is
      the deciding factor.

      > I couldn't be a fraud I paid no money, gave up no
      > value.

      Doesn't make any difference, but I hope it wasn't.

      > I don't believe I will ever cease to exist. My
      > current body with though.

      We do not cease to exist. We have always existed, and
      will always exist. It's the form and circumstance that
      changes. These are ruled by karma.

      > Peace,
      > Kraig

      Ken/

      > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, Ken/
      > <klegshe@y...> wrote:
      > > --- Kraig Mottar <kraig.mottar@v...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > So, what do you think happens to it?
      > >
      > > Mind is all that there is and even it is a
      > relative
      > > experience. Mind is reborn. Actually, even more
      > subtle
      > > than mind is Buddhanature, or, for lack of a
      > better
      > > explanation, essence of mind is what is passed to
      > the
      > > next life, wherever it may be.
      > > In Buddhist thought there are 6 divisions of
      > rebirth.
      > > The hell realms, the hungry ghosts, the animals,
      > > humans, titans, and gods. These also (especially
      > the
      > > hells) are subdivided into various distinct parts.
      > The
      > > human realm is considered the most advantagous for
      > > enlightenment, because it contains enough
      > difficulties
      > > to turn you toward the Dharma and gives enough
      > > happiness to allow the time for study and
      > practice.
      > > You can be and will be reborn into any and all of
      > > these through time, according to your karma.
      > > If you are truly contacting someone who has passed
      > > over, it is either someone stuck on this side of
      > the
      > > bardo for some reason or, possibly, someone in the
      > > hungry ghost realm (I am guessing, here), or it is
      > > fraud. It is up to you to decide. I try to keep an
      > > open mind, but have never had the experience, so,
      > > don't know.
      > > These are probably questions that would be better
      > > served by asking a Lama or at least someone more
      > > knowledgable than I.
      > >
      > > Ken/

      > protection around
      > > http://mail.yahoo.com